1991 Saab 199i Five Door in Scarab Green. 5 speed manual. 64K miles from new. Tan leather interior with no rips, Body is in good condition. Needs recommissioning as has been off the road for the past 6 years. I have not gone through the car in detail yet, I does need some work. So far this is what I recommend:
- Full Service - oil, filter, air filter, plugs, distributor rotor and cap, ignition wires
- Removal of interior and check of floor pan for condition - repair as necessary. Treat any rust with rust inhibitor/converter followed by coating to two pack epoxy
- Condition the leather interior
- Repair rust on rear left door
- Install 4 new tyres - All are over 6 years old may fail MOT/NCT if not changed
- Install 4 new shocks. Shock are OK but rubber bushings are dried and cracked from age and may fail MOT/NCT if not changed
- Treat any rusted areas with rust inhibitor/converter followed by coating of two pack epoxy
- Rust-proof car.
- New head lining
- Repair radio/speakers
Of all the Saab 900's that I have seen recently, the body on this one is by far the best. The above list will grow once I have done a full inspection on the car.